Adjustments are realigning of misaligned or fixated vertebral segments of the spine or extremity joints.
This includes Myofascial Release/Trigger Point - understood as muscle specific massage.
• to increase blood flow
• to break up scar tissue
• to lengthen tight muscle fibers
• Electrical muscle stimulation (EMS): Pain relief and muscle relaxation
• Intersegmental traction table: Facilitates joint motion in the spine
• Cervical and lumbar traction: Reduce or unload pressure on the disks
• Ultrasound: Penetrating sound waves that heats and breaks up scare tissue in the deeper tissues of the body
Flexibility and/or strength training instructed to the patient to stabilize the injured area and to avoid re-aggravation.
When applicable, Dr. Williams will refer you to other specialists for care. Accupuncture and orthopedic consulations might be needed depending on your needs.